Friday, November 16, 2012

Sketching Through it All.

I am getting back into my love for illustration from a long hiatus. It's much tougher than I thought. I have allowed myself to become stagnant and the remaining pages of my sketchbook to remain unfilled. I am a stay-at-home mom, I am looking for a job,  I have moved from one location to another, and dealing (still dealing) with the loss of my dearest mother I was almost willing to give up my passion. I began to think there wasn't any chance of me returning to my sketch book and my blog. 'Ish' had got real and I felt tired, depressed, and defeated. I had gave birth to a new important and dependent person in my life (my son) and lost the only parent I had all on one year.
I came to the realization that losing hope and losing focus on my passion will only lead me further into the canyon of depression.  I was beginning to feel like I was going to lose more people and things that meant so much to me. I became a little paranoid.
So, I began to practice again. I also began to hug my family tighter, kiss them, and tell them I love them much more than I used to.  Practice makes perfect and I have to make it my mission to perfect my God given talent while doing the best that I can with my life as a wife and mother. Even if it's once a week or once every two weeks, I  cannot allow myself to rust.

Key piece: Khaki colored twill hi-lo skirt.

1 comment: