Monday, May 9, 2011

Sketches from the past. (Part One)

You know something... When you have been sketching as long as I have (11 years) as you clean and organize your living space, you'll begin to find old sketch books with designs and random paintings. For anyone who illustrates please forgive me for what I am about to tell you. I found one of my sketch books from college under a magazine which was under my husband's PlayStation. And to my shame it also had many unused pages in it.
Anyway, I have sketches in them that consist of not only plus size practice sketches, but sketches of the non-plus size variety. If you would like to see them, feel free to scroll on down and take a look-see. Please let me know what you think, I would love to hear/read from you.
 
This practice session here was done after graduation, but while I was still sitting on campus. As you can see, these sketches consist of the non-plus size variety.
 I felt the need to practice with shading and creating the complete look of full skirts and half-full skirts. These were done with (believe it or not) a violet Crayola marker, violet and dark purple color pencil for shading, a black prismacolor marker (with fine and broad point), and prismacolor pencils for the flesh tone and hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment